About Me

Hello,

Parents, Fellow Educators, Students, and Friends.

I would like to introduce myself to you and provide information relating to my professional background and character. My name is Marketta Smith and I’m a full-time student at Governors State University. I’m looking forward to students teaching and meeting new students in Spring 2023. I have a tentative date to graduate in May 2023 and I’m super excited. I have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field of education, strengthening children’s growth and development, creating inclusive learning environments, classroom management, and building students’ developmental milestones. I have been in the field of Early Childhood Education for 27 years and it is my desire to become a professor at a local junior college or University teaching Early Childhood Education.

In my spare time, I volunteer in my community, at my church, feed the homeless ministries, and provide mentorship to local youth. I was a Girl Scout leader and camp leader for before and after school programs for many years. I love to cater delicious cuisines, plan celebratory events, and create holistic nutrition through my established businesses. I enjoy growing both indoor and outdoor plants, traveling, writing poetry, and listening to live music. I have two nieces who are in second grade this year, so my tenure with your children will be super fun and getting to know them.

“My Outdoor Gardening….”