Week 1: Introduction Day….

9-1-22

My first day visiting Mokena Elementary School was a true delight. I was greeted by the office secretary and she explained the sign-in procedures, school badge, and timesheets. I also met the Assistant Principle and she was nice and very welcoming. I was then able to go meet my mentoring teacher and her second-grade class. I introduced myself to my new mentoring teacher and all the students in the classroom. The teacher and her students were expecting me and extended a very warm welcome to me in their class. My mentoring teacher’s classroom was very organized and the themes throughout the classroom mirrored what the students were currently learning. I was very satisfied with my placement where I will come every Thursday for the next fifteen weeks.

I spoke with the students and let them know, I would be there to learn, work with their teacher, and assist them in any way possible. Each student had name tags on their desk and when I spoke to them I used their names. Doing so will help me learn their names for the future weeks to come. This was a short day and I look forward to next week’s class session.