Week 3: Sight and Vocabulary Words/Short Vowel/Long Vowel/Consonant Digraphs….

9-15-22

Happy Thursday!

This has been a very busy week the second grade class. They have been working on quite a bit such as sight words, vocabulary words, short vowel, long vowel and consonant digraphs. In class at Governors State University we also, have covered some of these subject areas especially, digraphs. I love the reinforcement of learning that is taking place in both of my learning environments. This weeks vocabulary words were hairy, mammals, litter, stayed, canned, chews, clipped and coat. The vocabulary words are are posted on the board Monday through Thursday and taken down on Friday’s. The students have a spelling test every Friday of their weekly vocabulary word list. They continued their learning with highlighting sight words on a worksheet, along with short and long vowels. I help engage the students with learning , answered their questions and continually, getting to know them in their learning styles.

This week in class at Governors State University, I did a mini-lesson on consonant digraphs. Consonant Digraphs are two or more consonants that together represent one sound. The students are aware of this and did a great job with the lesson on digraphs. I enjoyed working with the students again today, they are so, lively and have good conversations. My mentoring teacher allowed me to go over some of today’s learning via smartboard. Everything in today’s learning environments at the click of a button helps the student and teacher to become more technology savvy. Another great week completed and I look forward to next week.

Have a good rest of the week and weekend!